Friday 19 July 2013

Cinderella and fairy god mothers seen holding Knives and Guns


They're some of the most popular children's characters of all-time, but you wouldn't want to run into these Disney Princesses in a dark alley.
This shadowy street art in Stockholm, Sweden, has turned Snow White into Snow Fright, Sleeping Beauty into Creeping Beauty and Cinderella into Cinder-hell-a.
An anonymous Swedish artist, who goes by the name of Herr. Nilsson, has managed to turn some of Disney's best-loved characters into pure evil.
'There is a lot of creativity in the toy and entertainment industry for children,' said Herr. Nilsson.
'But I've found that most of the cartoon characters, females in particular, are very stereotypical and predictable.
'Everybody expects that a fairy princess will always look good and behave well.
'If I was one of them I would revolt after a couple of days and in my world - they do so.'

Each piece of work only takes Herr. Nilsson a few hours each week to complete so he spends most of his time thinking about new ideas for different characters.
Herr. Nilsson added: 'Because of my children I'm surrounded by toys, games and movies all the time at the moment.
'The characters in these are always so innocent, fair and harmless, and so I set about to create this project of the Dark Disney characters to look at how we see good and bad in the world.
'One of the reasons that I decided to get this across via street art is that I am able to stage a scene in the real world where the piece can interact with the people and the environment.
'I have found this is impossible to do in a traditional art gallery or museum, as the audience know what to expect before they even reach the artwork. 

'When you put up a piece of art in the streets, you talk directly to the audience without that prepared shield.
'Most people laugh at the art, some get abuse sprawled on them, and some like to write about them.
'I like this as to me, I think it's good to get a mix of reactions.'
Culled from DAILY MAIL

Creative but not in a good way, you agree? Naija go soon imitate.





No comments:

Post a Comment