Despite hip surgery that forced the cancellation of part of her tour, Lady Gaga still earned an estimated $80 million in the past year, propelling her to the top of Forbes list of highest earning celebrities under 30 years old.
The Forbes website said Lady Gaga, 27, would have earned more had she not had to cancel some 20 U.S. shows starting in February. Gaga announced earlier this month that she will release her next album “ARTPOP” on November 11.
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber, who made headlines as much for his antics off stage as on, came in a distant second with an estimated income of $58 million. Singer Taylor Swift was third, pulling in $55 million, about $2 million less than last year when she topped the list.
1. Lady Gaga (age 27) $80 million
2. Justin Bieber (age 19) $58 million
3. Taylor Swift (age 23) $55 million
4. Calvin Harris (age 29) $46 million
5.Rihanna (age 25) $43 million
6. Katy Perry (age 28) $39 million
7. Jennifer Lawrence (age 22) $26 million
8. Adele (age 25) $25 million
9. Kristen Stewart (age 23) $22 million
10.Taylor Lautner (age 21) $22 million