Friday 26 July 2013

Ild rather go to hell than serve a HOMOPHOBIC god- Desmond tutu

Archbishop Tutu, 81, is a long-standing campaigner for gay rights,a South African Nobel peace laureate and retired as Archbishop of Cape Town in 1996, but has remained the moral conscience of the nation

Archbishop Desmond Tutu says he will never worship a “homophobic God” and will rather go to hell.

The retired archbishop was speaking at the launch of a UN-backed campaign in South Africa to promote gay rights.
“I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place,” Archbishop Tutu said at the launch of the Free and Equal campaign in Cape Town.
“I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this.”

Archbishop Tutu said the campaign against homophobia was similar to the campaign waged against racism in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment