Monday 29 July 2013

Tiwa Savage shuns competing with WOMEN

This is a man’s world!

Tiwa Savage pretty much echoed that sentiment in an interview on ‘Rubbing minds’  when the presenter asked why she thought she had to compete with the male artistes. According to her,

“I think it’s a male dominated society, not just in music. Look at the banking industry, oil and gas, politics, it’s dominated by the men. And it’s the same with music. But i think we’re working hard to close the gap…”

When she was asked who she considered the biggest threat to her among the female vocalists, Tiwa replied,” None actually. I think, in my head, the people I compete with are the male artistes. So for me, I mean, I look at the bigger picture. I look at people like Wizkid, Iyanya, Tuface, DBanj, Iceprince. They are getting MOBOs, BET awards. So, those are the people I’m like, I’m coming for you guys.”

No comments:

Post a Comment